Diwali Celebrations 2019
The Festival of Light
26 October 2019 | 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Diwali, the Festival of Light will be celebrated once again this year. Included will be a heritage stall with information on the first Indian settlers in Otago; traditional Indian foods; delightful decorations; and you can take part in one or all of the workshops on offer at Otago Museum from 11am–1.30pm and in the Octagon and Dunedin Public Art Gallery from 2pm-3.30pm:
1. Make Rangoli patterns using coloured sand
2. Have mehendi designs painted on your hands
3. How to wrap a turban
4. Learn how to drape a sari
5. Diwali Playspace activities
6. Indian heritage stall and more…
3.30pm-4.30pm Indian themed performances.
FREE - Everyone is welcome to this Diwali celebration.